BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Yesterday something very scary happened. Brad, Noah, and I were out and Cameron and Alex were home by themselves. We were gone about 3 hours, maybe 4..when I got home and opened up the door the whole house smelled strongly of gas. I screamed for Alex and Cameron and they did not answer..panic like you cannot imagine went through my body, I called them again and thank God, they came down. I told them to get outside and I made sure all 3 dogs were already outside and then I ran and told Brad who was still getting Noah out of the car. We called 911, and conveniently the firemen were at a block party on the next street, so they were here fast. One of them started to go in, but he quickly turned around and said, "It's strong." He did not want to go in until they turned the gas off outside. They said that it did not have carbon monoxide in it which is what makes people go to sleep and die, but that the house easily could have caught on fire. They said something as simple as turning on a light switch could have set the house in flames. Apparently, Cameron said he accidentally moved the knob a little, he thought, when he was leaning over it to make something in the
microwave, and so he turned it off. Well, he actually turned it all the way on high and that particular burner did not ignite so he never saw a flame or anything...gas just started to fill the house. Alex said his nose was stopped up and d
id not smell it, and Cam said he smelled it but paid no attention to it. I told them if they ever smell anything like that again to leave and then call me from Alex's cell or a neighbor's house. Also, the power went off yesterday and then again in the middle of the night and when it popped back on, that could have also ignited the house had it happened during this time.

So I could have lost my boys yesterday.

I don't know what to say except to thank God....yesterday could have by far been the worst day of our lives. Alex and Cameron could have lost their futures. It really puts things into perspective about what matters...So kiss your kids and give them a hug and if you have a gas stove, give them a little gas stove lesson..I wish I had.

After that I went to my dinner with my mom meet up group at Patrizio's. It was nice to wear a cute dress and high heeled boots (which I'm losing my touch at walking in!). It was me and 2 other ladies. They were very nice and we had a great time. I'm so glad I went and can't wait for the next one. It's nice to talk and ha
ng out with other mommies, but without our little precious angels!!!






1 comments:

Brenda said...

That is scary. Glad to know everybody is safe.