BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 28, 2008

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas! We sure did. Some of the things I usually do did not get done this year like making Christmas cookies..but we had a really nice Christmas. Christmas Eve we went to Chili's and came home to watch Its a Wonderful Life. I love that movie and of course Brad and I cried as always...my sensitive husband! It really reminded me of what I really care about. I don't want to be wrapped up in my house and car or even clothes defining who I am. I miss the old house some, but the truth is home is where ever my family is. I think my generation has their priorities out of whack...not excluding myself from that BUT I know what really matters and that is what I am going to focus on. I do not believe success is measured in what kind of home you have or even how much money you make. Its about appreciating and loving your family and friends and having lots of laughs, too. So my new year's resolution is going to be focus on my family and praising God for my many blessings now and the many to come.

ANYWAY.. Christmas was wonderful. We went to my parents and got to see my brother and his family which is always nice. My niece and nephews are such sweet children..I really wish I could see them more and have a chance to get to know them better. With them living in New York its a little difficult, but someday I am going to visit when Noah is a little older.

Brad and I watched Facing the Giants Christmas night. It was such a blessing to watch that movie and deeply touched both of us. The message of the movie was actually just what Brad and I needed..so I am thankful for that.

Nana and Papa Olin came over yesterday and spent some time with the kids. Noah had fun playing with Nana. He did fall down and bust his bottom lip terribly though. Sometimes what he wants to do is about 10 steps ahead of what he is able to do. We had fun though.

Today we all went to church and are planning to make it a regular thing on Sunday again. Its easy to get out of the habit. After church we took Alex to Zumiez so he could get a new board set up with the wheels he got from my brother and sister in law. It was a cool board..I'll put a picture on later of him with it. Noah is obsessed with skateboards and wanting to be just like Alex..so he loved the store. We actually got him a little board from Academy a few weeks ago and we let him play with it on the carpet with LOTS of supervision.

So its been a tough year, but still a good year..I have a wonderful family and God has blessed me with their health and wonderful spirits..I am excited and looking forward to 2009....except for the fact I'll be 35 in a few weeks...that is so weird!

0 comments: