BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 30, 2008

I started to feel the Christmas spirit yesterday and went shopping. This year we are just buying for kids so it was pretty easy. I am almost all done. I have one nephew left, one more thing for Alex, dog stockings and kid stockings left and then I'll be finished. I really had fun which was nice because things have been a little stressful lately.

Christmas time fills my mind with all kinds of special memories. Here is one: Every year we as a family would go to The Original Christmas Tree Store. It was so exciting. They had huge beautiful displays and thousands of ornaments to choose from. I loved going. We were allowed usually to pick out one or two each. I absolutely loved listening to the Christmas music playing and hunting for my ornament. I usually picked something really pretty. I really liked these birds that you could clip to the tree and often that is what I chose. Here is the amusing part of the memory. If you know my brother then you will really get a kick out of this. Steve chose the same ornament every year. It was a corn on the cob. That's right we had maybe about 6 corn on the cobs on our tree! Anyways, it was funny..

I am really tired and can I be honest? I feel a little sad. I'm sure it will pass...I know this sounds corny, but when I feel sad I make myself think of something happy and I know that I will not always feel sad and that happy times are around the corner and before I know it, I will be smiling and laughing:) So that memory I just told you made me smile and laugh just now...thanks Steve!

1 comments:

Brenda said...

Now here's the really funny part... those stinkin' corn on the cobs are on OUR tree now! Along with some very old looking dolls that Steve says represent members of your extended family... they look like munchkins from the Wizard of Oz to me... ahhhhh, corn... the symbol of Christmas! :)