BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 11, 2010

Here is the deal...I am proud of Alex. I know his facebook page is not something to be proud of, but maybe that is why he removed me from his facebook friends list. MANY kids have myspace and facebook pages that are exactly like his...its all just trying to be cool and my suggestion would be don't look at it or even unfriend him. I am sorry about anything offensive that is on his fb. BUT he is 18. He has made a decision that he is on his own and that is his right. I cannot do anything about this except say prayers for him and take care of the kids that I do have control over.

I know that it is scary him joining the army. I am his mom...he came out of my body, I am scared! However, this is his decision and a decision that I am choosing to be proud of. He is not going to listen to anyone else, he has made up his mind. I am glad he has decided that he needs to do something. It could be worse, he could decide just to party his life away until he ends up dead, in prison or a drug addict. Those are just the facts. So the fact that he has decided to do something is actually a positive thing and I think he deserves for his family to be proud of him instead of them being upset with him. I tried to talk him into the air force and he does not want to do that..he had decided the army..period. And the military is full of kids like Alex that did not have direction and were very immature..so if we can sing their praises, I think we can be proud of Alex. Also, this is going to force him to grow up and mature. I believe this will be good for him even though it does scare me.

So we all love Alex, but lets just support him and be proud he has made a decision to do something positive. Not everyone is the graduate from high school then go to college type...the military is a decision he has made because though he likes to have fun with his friends, he also wants to do something with his life that is positive and this is what he chose. And I am proud of his decision.

0 comments: