BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 19, 2009

This is kind of gross...warning

Noah has and always has had horrible pooping/constipation problems. A few days ago, after it took him several days to pass a brick, I put him back on Miralax..which btw he will be staying on now..Anyways he was pooping fine again, but then yesterday he was straining most of the day, so I put him on his back and took off his diaper and kind of leaned his legs back to help him with pushing....well usually I would see poop but this time I saw something that looked like part of him. I was terrified...it looked like he was pooping his intestines out! I called my mom to get her take on it and she thought maybe a hemorrhoid but I just did not think that was it...so I took him right to the doctor...She told me it was his intestines and that it is not uncommon with kids that are used to pushing really hard to go potty. She said usually they will come out a little but go right back in. She said that if it doesn't go back in after 15 minutes, take him to the ER because after half and hour it can start to cut off his blood supply. She suggested if that is happening again to try to distract him from pushing. Is that scary or what! He seems fine today, he is taking his Miralax and I am hiding vegetables in his food and cutting his milk intake down and trying to get some water down him. We took him to Bonkers today which is a huge indoor climb through maze, he had fun..Brad went all through it with him. Tonight after Cameron and I studied for his science test we went to ride his bike:) Noah rode his trike he got for Christmas from his uncle and aunt...it has a little push thing so I pushed him...his feet don't quite reach the pedals yet.. He had so much fun...he loves outside so much. That's all for now, we have a play date mall thing with my friend Jenni and her little baby, Corbin. We are excited...we love the mall. So say a prayer for him that his intestines don't come out again and that his pooping gets better. I think it will.

0 comments: